I never really knew how addictive writing could become. It’s a lot like young love, slowly developing and then rapidly blooming over time. It is also beautifully therapeutic. I started this blog just as a simple past time. Somewhere I could go and jot down all my random thoughts, stuff that troubles and inspires me and somewhere I can hopefully go back to in years to come and see how far I’ve come, the changes my mind has gone through as well as reflect on all that I learn as time goes on.
But what I never really expected was that this blog would slowly become a part of me, a tiny fragment around which my thoughts revolve. A journey through which I am learning so much, reading the things other bloggers have to say, sharing ideas and information, partaking in all our collective little joys as well as sympathising and being able to relate to many others and the problems which they face.
I can now say that I am in love with blogging, completely and truly. After having now expressed my profound love for blogging above, I have decided to write down all the reasons which make this experience so special, in the very hopes that I will be able to convince some of my other friends (Yes Zaira I’m looking at you!) to join in and get blogging!
- The best part of blogging is the fact that it opens up a doorway for you to express yourself. It is a platform where you can write to your heart’s content without any restrictions, reservations or objections. It’s your very own little domain. There are no boundaries to hold you back in this little world. You can express yourself completely without having to hesitate
- Once you click that little ‘publish’ button, your work is out there for the entire world to see. No nasty editors refusing to publish your article and no having to wait in line just to be given due attention.
- Each little notification be it a little ‘like’, a new follower or a comment (be it good or bad criticism) is like a gentle hug received and treasured with utmost care.
- Another aspect which I truly love is that no matter where you live, or how you write someone, somewhere out there will be willing to give your little “piece of randomness” a read. And this in itself is the best encouragement and appreciation one can get. My little stat’s page has now become the centre of my adoration (I admit this proudly without the slightest hint of embarrassment).
- Each blog posts is like a little outlet, where you can go vent out everything on your mind until that little voice inside of you has had its fill, voiced its opinion and declared its insecurities and finally found a sense of satisfaction.
- And then how can I forget that little “Reader” Section which not only allows you to view what other bloggers have recently updated but keeps track of every single blog you’ve followed, alerting you to any new entry they make.
There are many more reasons which have me so engrossed in my little blog world but if I were to carry on I might never stop! So do you share my love and addiction too or am I the only nutter around?